Internet Explorer

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:47:58 CST 2001

David Barrena <david at molina.subs.map.es> wrote:
> Hi!

> We are working in a migration of workstations (with M$) to Linux, we are
> around 12000 pc´s, with a lot OF aplications designed to WinNT, some of
> these are web aplications with Java and activeX from Microsoft, we need
> to run it in Linux, and we tried to use Wine to do it.
> The question....How to install IE(4, 5 or 6) in a system without Windows
> partition, and...the support for java and activeX?

12000... *weird look*

Wow ! :)

Well, somebody recently said that Win16 versions of IE actually do install
given some handholding.
Check out other postings here, I think.

> WINE WILL BRING US THE FREEDOM!!!!!!!!
Well, probably.

Definitely try to find as many native replacement apps as possible, though.
Wine just isn't mature enough to run *everything*.

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: