wine seems to be trying

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Nov 6 18:14:58 CST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, cedric wrote:

> Wine seems to be trying to run MS programs.
> 'wine /windows/Programs/access/office/msaccess.exe'
> starts 'access'. Then a error message says,
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) msjet35.dll (which is needed by
> Z:\windows\Programs\access\office\msaccess.exe) not found.
>
> msjet35.dll is in /windows/system where the manual says .dll's should be.

No, that is _not_ what the manual says.  You can put them in the
_windows_ directory named in
[wine]
"System" =
or
"Path" =

which in turn has its drive letter mapped to a Unix directory in a
{Drive  ]
entry.

I see you have drive a

[Drive Z]
"Path" = "/"

Thus giving Wine and any windose app that likes to try a fair crack at
your whole *nix filesystem (I hope you don't let root run wine), but do
you really have
"System" = "Z:\\windows\\system"
???

If so, I don't know why it doesn't find it.  Z: is kind of an odd drive
to have "System" on, most folks are content with C: or D:, but I don't
know why it wouldn't work.

> There are no MS programs of any sort on my box.

Oh?  What is msaccess.exe, pardon my iggorance about MS?

> Ideas welcomed

And I thought my setup was odd.  I have C: mapped to /gp/fault so I can
load dlls out of /gp/fault/windows/system.

Lawson

---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.