Problem with Lotus Notes RNext client and setting User Preferences

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Nov 8 12:07:29 CST 2001

aras at test6.lapraik.co.uk wrote:
: I tried debugging with the relay option, which generated a 40Mb file, but
: I could not see anything obvious in it as to what failed. I did notice the
: following error messages when the application was starting...

: err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for OLEAUT32.DLL.97 imported
: from C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\nnotesws.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef
: err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for OLEAUT32.DLL.127 imported
: from C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\nnotesws.dll, setting to 0xdeadbeef

: I also noticed that wine and/or Lotus Notes is core dumping, generating
: about a 64Mb file in .wine under the users home directory...

Is the core dump mentioning "deadbeef" anyhow? Better set up the wine debugger to get a backtrace.

: Any additional thoughts on what could be happening here?

I guess you run with builtin oleaut32. If the application stumbles across
the missing oleaut32 functions, try running with native oleaut32 .

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de