problem with wineinstall : regapi cannot find libntdll.so

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Nov 9 09:18:12 CST 2001

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Omar Benhamid wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I am trying to compile wine, well i just done ./configure and make
> depend && make stuff. After compilation finished (successfully). I
> discovered wineinstall, i tried to use it but the problem is that regapi
> returns an error : it cannot find shared object libntdll.so, even when i
> symlink it in programs/regapi/ in my root compilation directory and in
> /ust/local/lib (i am installing wine in another partition so i used
> --prefix=/mnt/data/programs/wine in ./configure).
> 	Can anyone help me solving this ?

whatever --prefix is, you need $prefix/lib in environment
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH when you run wine (or a winelib program like
regapi), or in /etc/ld.so.conf, so the dynamic linker knows where
to find wine libraries.

linking it to /ust/local/lib won't help.  /usr/local/lib might, if it
(/usr/local/lib) is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf, which it is
not in your average virgin distro.

As a developer-only, you are spoze to know how to work shared libraries,
as are we all :-).

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!