Drive use in wine

Brett I. Holcomb bholcomb at r777cableone.net
Sat Nov 10 00:32:54 CST 2001

I'm running Wine release 20011004 and have created the floppy and CDs
drives for my floppy, CD and CDRW.  I am automounting the devices.

1.  I've noticed that if I don't have a floppy or CD in the drive wine
ignores it and even if I insert a disk later the app (notepad) never sees
it.

2.  I have two CDs, one a Creative DVD and the other a Plextor CDRW, and
I've created the entries for both in wine.conf (see below).  I can't get
wine to see the second drive, the plextor.  I get this

FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
Could not stat /auto/cdrw (No such file or directory), ignoring drive I:

However, the drive has a cd in it.

Here's the wine.conf entries.

[Drive H]
"Path" = "/auto/cdrom"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Device" = "/dev/cdrom"

;
; CD-RW drive (automounted)
;
;
; If an application (or game) wants a specific CD-ROM you might have to
; temporary change the Label to the one of the CD itself.
;
; How to read them is described in /usr/doc/wine-cvs-xxxxx/cdrom-labels.
;
[Drive I]
"Path" = "/auto/cdrw"
"Type" = "cdrom"