Codeweavers vs. RedHat distribution?

Plasma iamplasma at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:03:38 CST 2001

F. James Rohlf wrote:

> I am using the version of wine that came with RedHat 7.2. I just noticed
> that Codeweavers has their own distribution of wine that includes what
> looks like a convenient setup configuration utility. What are the pros and
> cons of uninstalling what I got from RedHat and downloading and installing
> the rpm from Codeweavers?
>
> Thanks

I'd suggest you use neither.  Go get the latest, most up-to-date source
tarball from www.winehq.com instead (a new one was released only a few days
ago).  It will of course take a bit more effort on your part in installing
and configuring, but I can assure you that it works fine for me, and will
support your OpenGL fine.