Lotus NOtes & Replication

Richard Knight rick at rlknight.com
Mon Nov 12 17:54:08 CST 2001

I have two PCs I use Linux on that I need to be able to run Lotus Notes
on. Wine works exceptionaly well on one of these PCs, my HP OmniBook
500. Everything works including replication. My other PC is a desktop
unit running the same os (RH 7.1) and the same version of wine (Winex
from cvs (20011004)). Notes works on this machine except that I am
unable to get replication to work. When I try to create the replica
Wine/Notes locks up and I get an error at the command line about a
timeout with nwrdaemn.exe. The two systems are configured the same and
use the same wine config file. I have tried every version of wine from
20010624 thru 20011108 and the cvs and I still can't get replication to
work. Anyone have any ideas what might be preventing replication on just
this machine?

Thanks,
Rick Knight
(rick at rlknight.com)