Good free Web Graphics Progmans

Rudolf Polzer adsgohere at durchnull.de
Tue Nov 13 01:49:25 CST 2001

Daeron <daeronREMOVE at THISfandom.net> wrote:
>  Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> > gimp and xfig are linux native.  You're right gimp has a windows version.
> >
>   Does Gimp have a animated Gif engine that allows you to spin, rotate,
>  srink, grow, fade, picture elements? No.

PSP cannot do this, too - it has to be done with animation shop pro.

>   Does Gimp provide an interactive quality display of save-as functions? No.

It does. Save as JPEG and you'll see.

>   Does Gimp support YMC colour seperation and tiff format as required by
>  most traditional print houses? No.

There's convert.

>   Does Gimp provide image details & conversion options in its file menu? No.

There's convert.

>   Does Gimp have a directory thumnail creation function? I don't think so.

It does. Or do you mean printing a thumbnail index? Then a simple
perl script that uses convert will do.

>   So I was just wondering if anyone knew of some other worthwhile apps that
>  together might help fill some of the holes Gimp etc. leave.

Batch conversion, YMC: convert

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- PAY, PAY, PAY!!!
printf "You owe me EUR %.2f\n",  !\  1   |  1  |   1