Lotus Notes R5, bad class name error

Tim Lavoie tool_man at spamcop.net
Tue Nov 13 11:19:20 CST 2001

Hello,

I've just installed Lotus Notes 5.0.8 client on my system with wine,
on a Debian Linux (unstable dist) system.

The wine package installed is the 20011112 version, from the CVS build
deb package.

I'm running c:/Lotus/Notes/nlnotes.exe, and my Wine desktop comes up
with the Notes Workspace and a client configuration dialog with active
"Next" and "Cancel" buttons. However, the buttons don't appear to do
anything, other than look pushed in.

In terms of console output, I get a bunch of these:

  FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock

and one of these:

  err:win:CreateWindowExA bad class name "WC_IRIS_GROUPSHADE"

Any ideas? Suggestions are more than welcome.

    Thanks,
    Tim