Good free Web Graphics Progmans

Adam D. Moss adam at uk.uu.net
Wed Nov 14 06:29:54 CST 2001

Daeron wrote:
> Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> > gimp and xfig are linux native.  You're right gimp has a windows version.
> >
>  Does Gimp have a animated Gif engine that allows you to spin, rotate,
> srink, grow, fade, picture elements? No.
>  Does Gimp provide an interactive quality display of save-as functions? No.
>  Does Gimp support YMC colour seperation and tiff format as required by
> most traditional print houses? No.
>  Does Gimp provide image details & conversion options in its file menu? No.
>  Does Gimp have a directory thumnail creation function? I don't think so.

Assuming that you're not using a quaintly antique version of GIMP, the
answer to all of these questions is 'yes' except for one (finding
out which one is left as an exercise for the reader who cares).

But since you see quite dead-set against using GIMP in the face of all
and any logic and reason, do please feel free to find another painting
program of your choice which meets your many exacting standards.  (Oh
yes,
for free.)

--Adam