Problems with NTFS-Partition

Armin Sauter sauter at tt.ba-ravensburg.de
Wed Nov 14 09:17:25 CST 2001

Hi,

i've mounted a NTFS-Partition and want to use it with Wine..
i've compiled Wine-20011004. After execute tools/winestall
i get the following message:
"Windows was not found so i assume ...."
But i have mounted my NTFS - Partition in /mnt/WINNT and
have the following entry in my fstab:

/dev/hda1	/mnt/WINNT	ntfs	ro,auto,user,umask=022 0 2

ok i thought no problem and entered explicit the following entry in
.wine/conf:

[Drive C]
"Path" = "/mnt/WINNT"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "MS-DOS"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

and now i can start my Programs from the Winnt-Partition..but
most programs complain about missing DLL or Registry-Entry...
I've tried this with Win98 and it worked fine..
Is there any possibility to do this with Winnt or is this a problem in
general?

Thanx a lot
Armin