Problems with MS-Office 97 Setup

Brian G. Olson bgo at pals.cwru.edu
Wed Nov 14 13:48:35 CST 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:15:10 +0100, Armin Sauter <sauter at tt.ba-ravensburg.de>
wrote:

>Hi @ all
>can anybody help me? I've tried to install Office 97 in a fake-Win98,
>but if i execute "wine setup.exe" The Setup fails with error <Invalid
>Parameter : Setup.exe "">
>How can I solve this problem?
>
>thanx
>Armin

I've got the same problem! Anyone have an idea?

I'm able to bypass the main setup program by running acmsetup for each
component of office (excel and word) with the following line:

wine --winver win98 --managed -- ACMSETUP.EXE /T EXCEL97.STF /S "D:\EXCEL"

But just as I select to do either a 'typical install' or 'custom install' I get
a core dump (which could be due to me trying to skip the main setup program).

--
Brian