Running Paltalk with Wine

Udo Zallmann nongamorc at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 18 17:45:30 CST 2001

Hello,

I am trying to run Paltalk (see <http://www.paltalk.com>) with Wine
20011108.  I have tried both version 3.5 build 341 and version 4.5
build 376, and get the following output when I start the program:

cantaro at stalker:~$ wine --winver win95 C:/paltalk/paltalk.exe
err:midi:OSS_MidiInit ioctl on midi info for device 0 failed.
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x40e36034 "?" wait
timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=03df
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x40e36034 "?" wait
timed out, retrying (60 sec) fs=008f
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr 0x402b8da7
cantaro at stalker:~$

The err:midi line appears immediately after starting the program.
After I enter my login data the rest appears, Wine wait twice for 60
seconds and exits.  The Paltalk website says that it needs IE 4.0 or
later to run, so I tried installing IE, but neither version I tried
would install.

What do I do now?  Constructive suggestions are very much appreciated.

udo

--
This page is best viewed with your monitor switched on.