Wine and ntfs

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Mon Nov 19 10:56:49 CST 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:23:16 +0200, Tim Janssen
<timtjanssen at yahoo.com> wrote:

>I am trying to use wine on a double boot system with NTFS on the windows
>(2000) end of the disk. Does Wine support this? Although Wine appears to
>be installed properly I can't get any win-apps running.

Write support for NTFS is known to be somewhat lacking on
Linux, so usually the partition is mounted read-only.

If your app can use a write-only partition, Wine will be able to
help. But there are not a lot of applications that expect their C:
to be read-only so in practice this will usually fail.

Gerard