Wine and ntfs

Plasma iamplasma at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 19:53:31 CST 2001

Tim Janssen wrote:

> I am trying to use wine on a double boot system with NTFS on the windows
> (2000) end of the disk. Does Wine support this? Although Wine appears to
> be installed properly I can't get any win-apps running.
>
> Tim

As best I am aware, this isn't a WINE problem, but more a kernel problem.
Your kernel must be compiled with NTFS support to read your windows drive,
and NTFS-write support to write to it.  However, NTFS-write support is
almost certainly not enabled in any default kernel, as it is extremely
unstable.

Personally, I agree with Richard, install your windows apps wherever
possible on your ext2 filesystem, as this should work fine.