Is it possible to use wine with a journaling filesystem?

Daniel Franklin daniel at ieee.uow.edu.au
Tue Nov 20 17:37:32 CST 2001

Hans-Bernhard wrote:

> Do I have to use ext2? Isn't it possible to use reiserfs? May I perhaps
> use ext3?

You may use Wine with any underlying filesystem, but for best results you
should specify "win95" or "vfat" in the wine configuration file. This is not
the underlying filesystem type, rather it is the way Wine presents the
filesystem to Windows applications. Specifying "unix" may work but is likely
to confuse some Windows programs, which have the attitude that "Windows" is
the same as "wInDoWs" :-)

- Daniel

*      Daniel Franklin - Postgraduate student in Electrical Engineering
*      University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia  *  d.franklin at ieee.org