Starcraft install problem

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Nov 21 14:11:12 CST 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:24:06 +0100, Troy Brand <troybrand at terra.es>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have wine (20010822)
<snip>
> yourself. As I see it (please correct me if I'm wrong), the wine
> versions of the registry are plain text files, with tabs to delimit the
> tree hierarchy of the windows registry.

I'm not sure since I don't track the exact times of changes,
but it's no more true currently, even if it was in August.
The current format looks like this :

[Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell
Folders] 997650225
"Common Desktop"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Desktop"
"Common Programs"="C:\\WINDOWS\\"
"Common Start Menu"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Start Menu"
"Common StartUp"="C:\\WINDOWS\\All Users\\Start
Menu\\Programs\\StartUp"

Anyway, you are supposed now to import a basic registry
by installing Wine using wineinstall, or if you use a rpm by
using regapi on the provided template file (winedefault.reg)
If these files are missing in your package, it's a bad package.
You are better off using source in most cases with an alpha
software like Wine.
Note : regapi syntax is obtained by running it without
parameters.

Gerard