Groupwise errors

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Nov 21 15:12:26 CST 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Brett Simpson wrote:

> I'm trying to run the 32bit version of Groupwise. So far I can install it
> without any major hickups but when I actually start to run the Grpwise.exe
> it will prompt me to login to the groupwise mail server but bombs out with
> a debug xterm. It appears to be able to connect to the groupwise server ok
> for verifying the password. If I put in a bogus one it will tell me I have
> used the wrong password. What sort of debuging information should I look
> for and how can I obtain debug info? If I use --debugmsg +relay it put out

Converse with the debug xterm.  winedbg craves human attention, it will
tell you anything it can to help.

Depends what the problem is.  Communications and network connectivity?
try --debugmsg +winsock

> a hug amount of stuff. I would like to learn how to troubleshoot these sort

Yes, but it is more likely to contain what you need than, say,
--debugmsg warn+all.

> of things so that I can start working on getting several of our winblows
> applications (here at work) running on linux.
>
> Here's a break down of what I have.
> Redhat 7.2
> Wine release 20011004 & the Wine-Devel via RPM

Sockets were broken in this release, and fixed the next day.
If you must have an ftp release, at least get the current one

wine --version
Wine release 20011108

> A full Windows 98 second edition install located under /usr/share/wine-c (I
> pulled all of this from a ghost image).

This is more likely to get in the way than help, unless one of your apps
is MSIE, in which case, good luck.

> Brett Simpson

Lawson

Somebody shut me up.  I am getting incoherent.