Any success with Wine and Linux Mandrake 8.0?

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Nov 22 02:44:02 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 01:38:49 GMT, Romanator <bysh at home.com> wrote:

>Hi everyody,
>
>Has any one had success with winesetup and their D partition /mnt/win_d
>?
>I can't get any of the executables to run.

I have no special problem with Mandrake 8.0.
The most probable causes of not getting any executable
to run are :
- trying it only with programs that do not run under
Wine. Many beginners try Wine with either Microsoft
system utilities or extremely big and complex applications.
Successes exist in these categories but are not the rule
See the application database at www.winehq.com for
that.
- having a Windows partition and setting everything to
native under the DllOrder section of the config file
- having a big mistake in the config or an incompatible
system

Gerard