WINE ASPI support and my Polaroid SprintScan 35 Plus

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Nov 22 02:55:20 CST 2001

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 22:32:56 -0600, "Mark A. Haun" <markhaun at uiuc.edu>
wrote:

<snip aspi install>
>The popup error I get says "Windows support for SCSI was not found.  If
>using an Adaptec SCSI board with Windows 3.1, please install the EZ-SCSI
>software."  I have the plscsi16.ini file in place, but "stat" tells me
>it is not being accessed!  The DLL file called plscsi16.dll, which
>references that .ini file, *is* being loaded each time.  Again, this
>exact set of files works fine under the real Win3.1 on my dos partition.

If no Aspi Wine wizard is here to solve it, what you need
is to help by providing a nice trace so that someone
knowledgeable in the Windows api can help. Run with
-debugmsg +relay, redirect in a file with &>myfile.txt.
Then search the trace file for the string 'MessageBox'.
With luck you will find the error message you quoted.
Post the 200 lines preceding it.

Gerard