x11drv.dll

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Nov 22 03:05:39 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:04:48 +0100, "Michael Blickenstorfer"
<blicki at cyberlink.ch> wrote:

>Hi all there
>
>I got a problem trying to get UltimaOnline for Windows running on wine on
>a debian woody-distribution.
>
>Command was: wine -winver win2k uo.exe
>
>Outpost:
>..
>warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName "x11drv.dll" not found in
>'/home/blicki/.wine/fake_windows/System

That's not  a problem.
What you see is the trace of the Wine activity emulating the
Win32 method to find libraries and spitting every kind of message
on its way.
The real file in this case is called libx11drv.so and can *never*
be found in this directory, so the error message is meaningless.

>If have tried to config it as buildin, native and so.

This is a Wine-only library, no file of this name exists under
Windows so it can only be builtin.

>The library is
>known by the system (long life google.com), but wine won't accept it.

The real problem is not here - how about reading
documentation/bugs and posting a real error report ?

Gerard