WINE ASPI support and my Polaroid SprintScan 35 Plus

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Thu Nov 22 12:27:42 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:10:01 -0600, "Mark A. Haun" <markhaun at uiuc.edu>
wrote:

>Ack... this is due to the transposition of lines that happened when I tried
>
>pasting into Mozilla (see corrected copy, posted 10 minutes later).
>What prompts the error is the inability to load "WINASPI.DLL".  I don't
>understand this, because it should be going to libwinaspi.so for that,
>right?

You see, if the app was asking to load the winaspi.dll library,
Wine would do the correct name substitution and load libwinaspi.so
instead. But it is one of these braindead apps that are actually
reading the library file - probably to read the file version. The
automatic Wine substitution does not work at this level (the idea
was suggested but not actually implemented because it's somewhat
tricky).

What you need to do is to play with paths and DllOrder in the
config file so that the app sees the native file, while when it
will ask to load the file Wine will load its own library. So make
sure that DllOrder is set to builtin, native for winaspi.

Gerard