WineX installation problem.

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Nov 22 19:51:40 CST 2001

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Alexis Mignon wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I've just tried to install winex under a mdk 8.1 linux distrib.
> All seems to be right untill i launch wineinstall:
> After answering yes,yes,/c
> I obtain this message :
>

> Configuring Wine for a no-windows install in /c...
>
> Created /root/.wine/config using default Wine configuration.
> You probably want to review the file, though.
>
> Compiling regapi...
> rm -f regapi && ln -s ../../wine regapi
>
> Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...
> Installing default Wine registry entries...
>
> programs/regapi/regapi: error while loading shared libraries:
> libntdll.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Registry install failed.
>
> Yet, the libntdll.so does exist.
> I assume that it is searched in the wrong dir but I do not know what to
> do
>

> Can anyone help me ?
>
> PS:Please excuse my english, i'm a poor french guy lost in linux world.
> If this question has already been answered please tell me where !
>
> Alexis

man ld.so

hmmm, man ld.so seems to have fallen off my sortof Mandrake 7.2 man
pages.  As a software developer, you are meant to know how to work
shared libraries.

I've answered this approximate question about 8192 times in this list
alone, and 16384 in linux-newbie, so list archives ought to help.

Put the directory path to libntdll.so (_not the filename_) in
/etc/ld.so.conf and have root run /sbin/ldconfig, or put it in the
environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Lawson

I can't help it, sometimes I'm just a sarcastic bastard.