Resource temporarily unavailable

T REX the1trex at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 03:56:15 CST 2001

Did some more research, and when i tested the program again
with the external devise connected, i got this.

trace:file:GetOverlappedResult wait on 0x40c8ccc0 returned 0
trace:comm:SetCommMask handle 96, mask 1
trace:comm:WaitCommEvent (60 0x415a6f18 0x40c8ccc0 )
trace:file:GetOverlappedResult (96 0x40c8ccc0 0x415a6f18 1)
trace:file:GetOverlappedResult waiting on 0x40c8ccc0
trace:comm:COMM_WaitCommEventService overlapped 0x40c8ccc0 wait complete
0x415a6f18 <- 1
this repeats over and over again, this is not to far from my previus
results,
but here there should be something happening on the com port. in ms windows
there is no problem even withouth anything connected to the comm port,
it just sends requests infinitly to the device witch is not there,
and it does not hang. But in my case the program hangs on the linux box,
now i can understand that, but why is it not getting communication from the
comm port, it seams to be configured right, and there should be something
there to read.
Is the support for overlapped IO in wine not good enough yet, or lies the
problem somwhere else?

The1trex

--

Philosophers have tried to interpret the world in different ways; the
important thing is to change it.