ODBC

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Fri Nov 30 07:07:41 CST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:38:19 -0500, tskoda at infotekinc.com wrote:

>I've not been able to find anything about this so far, but I need to run a program
>that connects to a MS SQL DB. The interface runs under Wine, but I cannot get
>it to see the DB. Do I need any kind of additional software layer to get Windows
>ODBC working.

AFAIK Windows ODBC does not work under Wine.
Odbc support under Wine is of a different sort : Win32
applications can connect to datasources if these data
sources are defined and accessibles to the Unix part
of the computer. AFAIK there is no support to make
Win32 Odbc drivers run under Wine. And I don't
think there is a Linux driver for MsSqlDb....

Gerard