ODBC

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Fri Nov 30 12:30:05 CST 2001

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:23:14 +0100, jochen mader <jochen at teg-me.de>
wrote:

>> I know but it defeats a bit Wine's purpose since a second
>> computer running Windows is necessary ;-)
>
>But I think he is trying to acces a MSSQL-Server on another machine.

Yes, I did not think of that.
Then it could work. He would have of course to pay
the client access license for the Odbc bridge - but
anyway, when you use MsSqlServer you have a CAL
also. It would be necessary to setup first the connection
under Linux. Then try to setup Wine for Odbc - I have
no idea if this is easy or automatic.

And it would be pure madness to run any kind of server
under Wine, obviously.

Gerard