fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00000002 not yet implemented

Dave Platt dplatt at radagast.org
Fri Nov 30 16:52:11 CST 2001

In article <3C0805FE.74A968AB at concentric.net>,
Bob Washburne  <rcwash at concentric.net> wrote:

>Managed mode got me past this screen.  It then propted me for the
>save-file name and that appeared to work.
>
>I then ran the analysis on the WAV file.  That appeared to work (19,256
>clicks detected), but when I told it to REPAIR the magic failed.  What
>should have taken over a minute happened instantly.  I then said to
>repair HISS.  That normally takes over 10 minutes but again it was
>instant.  I closed up and found that the save file was only 44 bytes
>long, enough for the WAV header, but none of the data had been written
>out.  GM has no SAVE option as it is all supposed to happen automaticly.
>
>Next I will try the experiment suggested by the other poster.

I've run into problems very similar to this, using recent versions of
WINE with Diamond Cut's DC-ART audio-cleanup application.  This app
used to work, with older releases of WINE, but has stopped doing so.

I poked into the problem a bit, and concluded that there's a problem
in the multimedia-buffer management code.  If I recall correctly (and
it's been a while since I investigated this code in depth), DC-ART
opens a multimedia .WAV file in update mode, and then uses the MM
access calls which deliver buffers full of data.  It walks through
each buffer, makes the changes it wants, marks the buffer "dirty", and
then says "Advance to next buffer, please."

What's supposed to happen (IIRC) is that the MM layer notes the fact
that the buffer has been marked as dirty / modified, writes it back
out to the .WAV file, and then reads in the next buffer's worth of
data.

This _used_ to be what happened. In the current WINE releases (for the
last few months) the dirty buffers are not being written back to the
file.  I don't know just when the change occurred, but apparently
something in the 16-bit MM code is broken.

The same problem appears to occur when trying to append
newly-generated buffers to a .WAV file.  They aren't being appended.

Dave Platt                                           dplatt at radagast.org
Visit the Jade Warrior home page:  http://www.radagast.org/jade-warrior/