wine won't load anything

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Oct 1 22:04:06 CDT 2001

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Rickey Johnson wrote:

> Tried that... still says it can't find A which is required by B so then B
> won't load. Just seems weird that I can install lots of things but can't
> run anything after its installed.

I am sorry, A and B don't mean anything to me.  Paraphrased error
messages don't mean anything to anybody.  You can capture Wine's stderr
output with

wine blah.exe 2>~/oops

use a text editor (joe, vi, jed, ...) to get the relevant piece of
~/oops and a few lines before because you don't necessarily know what
is relevant, - or just gzip the whole bloody thing - and show us
that.  It still won't tell us what is where on your system, but it might
be a start.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!