-managed

Max Kalika max at lsit.ucsb.edu
Wed Oct 3 00:01:59 CDT 2001

Greetings list,

I've looked through the docs and lists and couldn't find an answer to this.
Is there a way to make all windows spawned through an application that was
started with -managed be managed as well?  What I currently find is that the
parent application is managed, but if that application spawns another, the
child will not inherit the -managed flag and therefore run on top of all
other windows.

For reference, the specific application I'm playing with is the simutronics
game entry which spawns the wizard app.  www.play.net.  While the sign on
application works great with -managed and the sgetray utility properly goes
into the kde systray, the wizard window spawns on top of all other windows
across all desktops.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

p.s. This is my first time posting so please go easy. :-)

p.p.s.  Had a great game of counter-strike today via wine -- gl, sound, and
everything.  Amazing work you do.  Thank you.