wine won't load anything

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Oct 3 10:42:21 CDT 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Rickey Johnson wrote:

> My sincere apologies... I realized that A and B didn't mean anything but I
> was trying to get across that A and B was any DLL installed by the
> installed program. At any rate, when I execute wine StarCraft.exe 2>oops i
> get the following:

Sorry, I wasn't paying enough attention.  Maybe try --debugmsg
+loaddll,+module,+fixup and see what has happened before this.

> err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) msvcrt.dll needed by crtdll.dll not
> found
> err:module:load_library can't load crtdll.dll
> err:module:BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA loaded .so but dll crtdll.dll still not
> found
> err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) CRTDLL.dll needed by C:\Program
> Files\Starcraft\storm.dll not found
> err:win32:PE_LoadLibraryExA can't load C:\Program Files\Starcraft\storm.dll
> err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) storm.dll needed by C:\Program
> Files\Starcraft\StarCraft.exe not found

It looks for all the world as if it is trying to use builtin crtdll and
native msvcrt - I don't think that will work, though perhaps in theory
it should.  builtin crtdll just forwards everything to msvcrt.  I think
if you want to use native msvcrt with an app that uses crtdll, you will
need to have a native crtdll of the same ilk of windows.

> mscvrt.dll is in the system directory and is specified in the config file
> as well as crtdll.dll

How about crtdll?

> -Rickey

ICBW, of course.  I don't have any apps that use crtdll, native or
builtin.  Interesting that documentation/samples/config has crtdll
builtin and msvcrt native - I guess somebody thinks it should work.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.