wine won't load anything

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Oct 4 08:48:19 CDT 2001

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Rickey Johnson wrote:

> ok... I just compiled then did a make install. everything seemed to go
> well... no errors or hangups but now wine doesn't run if I just type in
> wine... now I need to type in /usr/local/bin/wine and when I do that I get
> the following error:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libntdll.so: cannot load shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
> -Rickey

Oops, I was thinking you would use wineinstall.  /usr/local/bin is not
on root's path on Mandrake, I think, for security reasons.  Might not be
on anyone's path.  You can change that in the shell startup files,
environment variable PATH.

The shared library error you can fix by having root add a line

/usr/local/lib

to /etc/ld.so.conf

and run /sbin/ldconfig

or set the environment value LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/lib.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.