Tried a different tack ....

eric pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 6 02:48:54 CDT 2001

> babylon5:alaric:~:1 $ wine --debugmsg fixme-font d:\\install.exe
> Building font metrics. This may take some time...
> fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout Your keyboard layout was not
> found!
> Using closest match instead (United States keyboard layout) for scancode
> mapping.
> Please define your layout in windows/x11drv/keyboard.c and submit them
> to us for inclusion into future Wine releases.
> See the Wine User Guide, chapter "Keyboard" for more information.
> err:mmsys:MMDRV_InitHardcoded You didn't setup properly the config file
> for the Wine multimedia modules.
> Will use the hard-coded setup, but this will disappear soon.
> Please add a WinMM section to your Wine config file.
those errors shouldn't prevent your program to run (I mean the cause of
the trouble is not linked to those errors, but lie somewhere else)
Installers are a very bad kind of beasts, lots of efforts are currently
going on to let them run peacefully, but it ain't over yet (as you've
experienced :-(

mainly, the errors you've got deal with improper configuration of wine
using the default config files (in documentation/sample) would help
in this area

A+