crash on priviledged instruction

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Oct 10 16:35:23 CDT 2001

Stefan Leichter <Stefan.Leichter at camline.com> wrote:
: Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 wrote:

:> Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
:>
:>> I thought that the wine debugger is broken with 16 bit code and I didn't
:>> manage to set breakpoints or single step in 16 bit code since long...
:>
:> Ah, crap, yes !
:>
:> Well, in this case either fix winedbg/wine to use the WOW debugging
:> interface, or disassemble the program in order to find out what's wrong.
:> Or maybe even use a Wine version for debugging that doesn't have this
:> problem. (I think Wine 200004xx or earlier should do)
:>

: Any hints how/where to start fixing winedbg/wine (What does WOW mean)? Or
: is there a good disassembler for linux (I don't have a windows box)?

www.winehq.com points to some disassemblers:
- wcb should work as a window application with wine.
- Ulrich Weigands 'exedump' as a linux application will also work with 16 bit
applications. However I don't know about the release status of exedump.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de