X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

Patrick Berge pberge at stny.rr.com
Thu Oct 11 16:09:24 CDT 2001

gerard patel wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 04:39:42 GMT, Patrick Berge <pberge at stny.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
> Do you mean that you upgraded everything _including Wine_ ?
> If yes, it's a big mistake. This is something that should be done
> only with applications that are proven and mature. Wine is
> alpha and presents a new regression each week or worse.

Sure I know that quite well ... at work we just upgrated from perl
5.003(1997) to perl 5.005 (1999).  With wine there has yet to be a stable
version so I don't have much of a choice.  Anyway I did go back to the
062901 wine that ran SA8.0 great on the old laptop and the problem on the
new laptop.

> If configured correctly the debugger should launch at this
> point.

Opps ... I will have to reinstall wine.  I think I stripped the
binaries...Doh

> >> I then try the exact same old wine release from my old laptop
>>and got the same error.  As a result I think my problem may be related to
>>XFree86 4.1 which I  just installed for dri support.
>
> Possibly a difference between Xfree 3 and 4 - or just a Wine
> regression. It's not possible to say more with the information
> that you give.

Fair enough.  I will try getting output from the debugger so we can see
that bad X11 call.

Thanks for the input.

Pat