another ttyS0 acces problem ;-)

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Oct 15 14:21:03 CDT 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Japie wrote:

> Not the same as the other treath, but also an tty access problem.
> I have an old an cheap digital camera wich isn't supported by gphoto(2).
> I can get the program running under wine only it shows me:
>
> err:dosfs:DOSFS_CreateCommPort Couldn't open /dev/ttyS0,115200 ! (check permissions)
> err:file:CreateFileA Couldn't open device 'COM1'!
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> err:comm:OpenComm16 Couldn't open /dev/ttyS0 ! (Success)
>
> In my .wine/config file I have:
>
> [serialports]
> "Com1" = "/dev/ttyS0,115200"

Take this off >>>>>>>>>^^^^^^.
"Com1" = "/dev/ttyS0"

If you have to specify the speed behind the app's back, so to speak, do
it with stty before starting wine:

stty -F /dev/ttyS0 115200

but probably the app will set it to what it wants anyway.

> I did chmod 666 /dev/ttyS0, made it group "users" r/w/x for all, suid and
> gid but still no suxes.

What in the name of Babbage do you think suid and gid are spoze to do to
a comm port?

> Does anyone has some tips?

On the way.  This letter brought to you by Wine using /dev/tts/3
(known before devfs as /dev/ttyS3).

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!