RedHat 7.1, wine, Lotus Notes and fonts

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Tue Oct 16 12:19:35 CDT 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:34:52 -0400, ChrisHoover at safety-kleen.com
wrote:

>I'm having problems trying to get Lotus notes (v5) to run smoothly with
>wine.
> It appears that there are some sort of font problems that cause Lotus
>Notes
>to hang for quite some time before moving to the requested area.  During
>this
>time, xfs is taking 80% or more of the cpu.  Does anyone have any idea on
>what is causing this and how to fix it?

any change in the X fonts will trigger a reinitialization
of the Wine font database. Theoretically, if you change
nothing to the X fonts, any *successful* run of Wine
should set the Wine font database and it should not
be built again.

If Wine crashes before exiting, it is possible that the
font database be initialized again and again - but
there could be another, yet to be discovered reason...

Gerard