another ttyS0 acces problem ;-)

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Oct 16 15:02:49 CDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Japie wrote:

> In <9qgp8j$ecv$1 at news.BelWue.DE>, Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 wrote:
>
> > config bug !
> > "/dev/ttyS0,115200" *can't* be opened, that's just plain normal.
> >
> > Fix ~/.wine/config to use a sane /dev/ttyS0 in serialports.
>
> But then I get:
> > err:comm:SetCommState baudrate 0
> Any suggestions?

In case the app does a GetCommState first to get that zero baudrate and
you didn't bother to mention the error it got for that, you can try to
set it before you start Wine:

stty -F /dev/ttyS0 115200

but I fear the app is setting it to zero because zero has some meaning
we don't know about, at a guess I would say, maybe, "leave it as is" and
we might have to change Wine a bit.

> Maybe that's an dum question but I can't compile the wine-docs because I
> don't have db2html! :-(

#!/bin/sh
#<wine>/documentation/*.sgml reader (c) 2000- Lawson Whitney
# Use, distribute, or change at your own risk.
sed -e 's/<[^<>]*>//g' -e 's/&lt;/</g' -e 's/&gt;/>/g' $1 |less -ni

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.