Cron with Wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Oct 17 11:50:05 CDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Brett Simpson wrote:

> I am currently using Windows self extractor from the command line and it works great to convert zip files to windows exe's. The issue I'm having is if I try and cron this through a shell scipt it complains with the following
>
> + wine '/usr/share/wine-c/Program Files/WinZip Self-Extractor/WinZIPse.EXE' /y /le /overwrite 'Z:\home\mcsops\scripts\ctyctr4\sys\chhs\GROUPS\ED3TPA\ed3div.zip'
> x11drv: Can't open display:
>
> This command works great when I run the shell script manually it just gives me the error when I add it to cron. I'm currently running Redhat 7.2 with Wine build 20010629 under KDE 2.2.1.

If the app doesn't need the display,

~/.wine/config
[wine]
"GraphicsDriver" = "ttydrv"

This will make a mess of any app that does need the display, that is why
there is a WINEPREFIX you can set to use different config files for
different apps.

If the app does need the display, I guess you will have to set
DISPLAY=0:0 or something in your crontab and make sure that user is
authorized to use the display.

> Thanks.
>
> Brett Simpson
> Internet Administrator for Hillsborough County
> (813) 301-7144
> simpsonb at hillsboroughcounty.org

Lawson

panic: detected rogue system administrator!!
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.