Segfaults, winebuild, and glibc 2.2.3

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Wed Oct 17 16:06:18 CDT 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:25:05 -0400, "Noah M."
<pkk28mqrkjfo6o001 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

>I just upgraded my Linux box to glibc 2.2.3.  Before the upgrade (glibc
>2.1.92), wine compiled and ran beautifully.  After, however, winebuild
>segfaults for no apparent reason.  Upon running ldd, I found that it is
>properly loading all libraries.  I do have one question, however.  Does
>the package glibc-profile have any effect on this?  If it does, problem
>(probably) solved.  Otherwise, I'm still stuck.
>
>Kernel: 2.4.9-0.18custom
>glibc: 2.2.3
>gcc: 2.96-85

I have absolutely no idea about glibc-profile.
I don't remember having ever seen a post about
using this stuff in this news group or wine-devel.

I don't know it it's easy to disable it to check if it
could do evil things.
If not, try to install gcc 2.95
Some 2.96 versions had problems IIRC.

Gerard