Installation

Randy Heineke rbheineke at home.com
Wed Oct 17 16:53:59 CDT 2001

Please help,
I Did my best at following instructions and reading documentation
and newsgroups but am still confused.  I have some questions:

I have no windows partition or MicroSoft Windows.
I have /c, /c/Program_Files.....
I did run winesetuptk to generate some registries
When I run winecheck I get

021. Checking availability of windows registry entries...   CRITICAL
(entry "Default Taskbar" not found).
- ADVICE: Windows registry does not seem to be added to Wine. This can
affect many newer programs. Original registry entries won't be available
with a no-windows install, of course, so you'll have to live with that..

The advice offers no action,
but seems to imply adding registry entries to wine,
which I thought winsetuptk handled.
I do have ~/.wine/system.reg, ~/.wine/user.reg and ~/.wine/userdef.reg

1. Is the Default Taskbar really Critical?

2. If I have no Microsoft Windows, should there not be any Windows
registry?

3. What does it mean to "live with" no original registry entries.

I also went ahead and tried to execute something.
I seem to have run into some basic .dll issue,
that may not need winedbg.

When trying to execute wine e.g.
 wine --winver win95 ./KG35WINDEMO.EXE

the results is:err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) ole32.dll needed
by shell32.dll not found
err:module:load_library can't load shell32.dll
err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger
(debugger/winedbg 134633336 60) (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger

4. This has me wondering if wine's version of these .dll's (0 size)
should be bigger?

5. Is this complaining because wine needs the Windows .dll's?

6. If there is some dll override setting that should be altered?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Randy