Installation

Randy Heineke rbheineke at home.com
Wed Oct 17 18:14:33 CDT 2001

gerard patel wrote:

> So you have to install, yes. This is a problem - currently - for
> recent programs using InstallShield 6.

> >> This should not happen if setup correctly, but you seem
> >> to use a tool that is obsolete since a long time.
> >is winesetuptk obsolete?
>
> >I got it from a page saying that regapi was no longer needed
>
> I have to do a google search to find it then ?

http://wine.codeweavers.com/winesetuptk.shtml
in the change log under 0.32b:

               * Regapi tool is not needed anymore.

> regapi not needed ? Maybe, but very useful still.

Compile? well I was going too,
however I could not find the prerequisites like
xlib. They seemed to be parsed like debian packages,
but still not sure what was in some debian packages.

> Well, this trace is not very interesting, granted :-)
> Just set up everything as builtin in config file

New trace nearly as uninteresting:
 wine --debugmsg +loaddll KG35WINDEMO.EXE
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
'C:\Windows\System\kernel32.dll' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
'C:\Windows\System\advapi32.dll' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
'C:\Windows\System\user32.dll' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module 'krnl386.exe' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module 'system' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module 'wprocs' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module 'GDI.EXE' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module 'USER.EXE' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\x11drv.DLL' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadModule16 Loaded module 'display' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
'C:\Windows\System\winmm.dll' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
'C:\Windows\System\lz32.dll' : builtin
trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
'C:\Windows\System\version.dll' : builtin
err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) ole32.dll needed by shell32.dll
not found
err:module:load_library can't load shell32.dll
err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger
(debugger/winedbg 134633336 60) (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger

This installs Kaleidagraph does this look like an install shield
problem?