Installation

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Wed Oct 17 20:19:55 CDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Randy Heineke wrote:

> Compile? well I was going too,
> however I could not find the prerequisites like
> xlib. They seemed to be parsed like debian packages,
> but still not sure what was in some debian packages.

Get the source and read README.  Skip over QUICK START for now
and read REQUIREMENTS.  You need XFree86-devel, xpm and xpm-devel,
ncurses and ncurses-devel, flex, bison, the whole bloody Gnu toolchain,
same as you would to built any big hairy X application.

> trace:loaddll:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loaded module
> 'C:\Windows\System\version.dll' : builtin
> err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) ole32.dll needed by shell32.dll
> not found
> err:module:load_library can't load shell32.dll
> err:seh:UnhandledExceptionFilter Couldn't start debugger
> (debugger/winedbg 134633336 60) (2)
> Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
> debugger
>
> This installs Kaleidagraph does this look like an install shield
> problem?

No.  That looks like a rogue Wine Administrator.  I can do that, too,
if I set

[DllOverrides]
"ole32"   = "native"

and do

cd /gp/windose/windows/system
mv OLE32.DLL MOLE32.DLL

(my app installed the dam' thing.  Let's see if it can run without it.)

FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
err:module:PE_fixup_imports Module (file) ole32.dll (which is needed by shell32.dll) not found
err:module:load_library can't load shell32.dll
WineDbg starting...  on pid 8068ce0
No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:\away\bin\juno.exe' (0x00400000)
No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:\AWAY\BIN\MFC42.DLL' (0x5f400000)
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00025207 in 32-bit code (0x00025207).
In 32-bit mode.
0x00025207: *** Invalid address 0x00025207
-- no code --
Wine-dbg>quit

I will fix ~/.wine/config now, so I can send this.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.