IAdviseSink_QueryInterface (datacache)

giorgian giorgian at icube.it
Fri Oct 19 10:49:00 CDT 2001

Hi all,
I'm working on an nt40 program under Wine.
It works well using the Microsoft's OLE32, but we *absolutely* need it
to work without it.

I'm using the 2001-07-31 release of wine, and the program crashes little
after starting, inside the DataCache_GetAdvise function (in
datacache.c),  on the instruction:

  IAdviseSink_QueryInterface(this->sinkInterface,
                   &IID_IAdviseSink,
                   (void**)ppAdvSink);

I tried to find out the problem, but the source is really hard to read,
since it uses macros defined around other macros around other macros and
so on. I only understood that the structure this (created by the macro
_ICOM_THIS_From_IViewObject2(DataCache, iface) ) is corrupted.

Does anybody know the bug?

Can anybody tell me if there's at least an explanation on the
datacache.c file?

thank you

--
Pietro Giorgianni - Icube s.r.l. Via Ridolfi, 15 Pisa (italy)
giorgian at icube.it