x11drv failure on Dell laptop

Nick Tonkin nick at rlnt.net
Fri Oct 19 20:32:33 CDT 2001

Hello,

I've searched for a solution to this all over and found nothing that
works:

Lately I get:

nick at bomba ~>cd /win/WINNT
nick at bomba /win/WINNT>wine -winver win2000 -managed explorer.exe
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
fixme:shell:SHLWAPI_437 (0x00000004)stub
fixme:shell:SHRegGetUSValueW (0x40cd0c),stub!
err:file:FILE_DoOpenFile called with `name' set to NULL ! Please debug.
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger (drwtsn32 -p 134664448 -e
60 -g) (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another
debugger

but earlier it was simply like I now get for root:

root at bomba ~>cd /win/WINNT
root at bomba /win/WINNT>wine -winver win2000 -managed explorer.exe
Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
x11drv: Can't open display:

I tried setting the graphics driver to tty but that didn't work either.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE on a Dell Inspiron 7500.

Thanks,

Nick