Type1 Fonts

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Sun Oct 21 15:56:41 CDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 11:14:31 -0700, "Richard W. Knight"
<rick at rlknight.com> wrote:

<enormous snip - is your delete key not working ?>

>The patch worked as far as allowing Notes to run with wine-20011004, but
>I still can't print.

Does the following message still appear ?

To use WINEPS you need to install some AFM files.
fixme:winspool:AddPrinterW DocumentProperties fails

<snip>
>I've rechecked my config file and it looks good. When I delete
>cachemetrics and start wine it rebuilds the file but every font shows as...
>
>"are not working correctly now.",
>"has unknown registry 'fonspecific' and character encoding '0'" or
>"has unknown registry 'sunolglyph' and character encoding '1'

I see the same messages on my Mandrake 8 computer and
Wine prints fine. Some fonts have problems and some have
unsupported functionalities. Are your Type1 fonts listed ?
if not, they are used by Wine.

Gerard