basic question

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Mon Oct 22 19:58:41 CDT 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:32:01 -0700, Peter Jay Salzman <p at dirac.org>
wrote:

>hi gerard,
>
>thanks for the reply!  at the risk of sounding ... juvenile, does your answer
>("depends largely on the app") change at all if i say "i'm mostly interested
>in running games"?

I'd say rather builtin for this (some people report that the presence
of directX files on the hard disk may be detected by some apps to
good effect - but it is likely that these files are not even
loaded by Wine).

FYI the WineX project is nearing its (commercial I'm afraid)
launching:

www.transgaming.com

its goal is running windows games on Linux, based on
Wine of course. I understand that they include many
features that are not in Wine to make games run better
and faster.

(standard disclaimer : I have no link with transgaming...)
Gerard