Wine and VSS problem - revision history window

Dan Kegel dkegel at ixiacom.com
Mon Oct 22 19:06:07 CDT 2001

With a wine about a month old, running in managed mode, when I ask
Visual Source Safe for a revision history, the window doesn't
appear, but vss's main window hangs as if it's waiting for me
to close the history window.  Not much to do at that point but kill
Wine.

(I also received the error
  err:tooltips:TOOLTIPS_Timer How did this happen?
at about the same time, but that wasn't reproducible.)

One of these days soon I'll build from fresh wine sources
and post the URL of a nice trace log, but I thought I'd
mention the issue now in case it was of interest.
Other than this, VSS has been fairly usable under Wine for me.

Cheers,
Dan