help with libraries

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Oct 22 21:28:26 CDT 2001

On 23 Oct 2001, Craig Nelson wrote:

> Am very new to wine and get an error when I try to do anything with it:
>
> wine: error while loading shared libraries: wine: undefined symbol: Callout
>
> I am trying to use with Win Me partition, SuSE 7.2
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Craig Nelson

I am sorry, I don't know how you managed that.  But then, from what you
told us, I don't have a much better idea of what you are doing than you
do.  Callout is _not_ an undefined symbol in the current version of
wine.  It is defined in libntdll.so, and I can't see that it is
referenced anywhere else.  Maybe when SuSE grabbed a copy of wine to put
in 7.2, wine referred to Callout.  I'm just guessing that you are using
the wine from SuSE 7.2, and I have no idea where SuSE chose to install
things.  Try

rpm -ql wine | grep libntdll.so

and if you get an answer, try getting the system administrator (the
poor bugger that knows the root password) to add the directory path from
that, that is, everything up to but not including /libntdll.so, to
/etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig, and see if that helps.

Lawson
---oof---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.