Looking for info on installing IE 5.5 under Wine

Gary Nielson gary at garynielson.com
Wed Oct 24 10:32:26 CDT 2001

We have work applications that must run under Internet Explorer 5.5 and I
have only Linux running at home -- no dos paritions, no dual boot system.
I would like to be able to do some of this work at home and was thinking
that Wine might be a solution. I downloaded the rpm from codeweavers.com,
no problem. But I have searched google and deja trying to find
instructions on how to install IE.

First of all, has anybody tried it with success? Or does it run like crap?

Secondly, if it works OK, dumb question but how do you *install* it? Do
you zip up several directories from a Windows machine (like the one I have
at work) and unzip them onto my Linux box? What files and directories? Do
you download and run setup under wine, and if so, how?

I should say that I only have ext2 partitions and don't know if that's a
problem. I really do not want to invest any money in this, such as in
buying vmware, if I can avoid it.

Any help appreciated. If this has been asked before, I apologize for
posting but I haven't been able to find any good documentation.