can't find files due to wrong filepath

Andreas Mohr Usenet 10/01 a31dgo001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:15:10 CDT 2001

Evert <linux at dds.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,

> i run wine for quite some time now, and it always worked allright
> for programs like paint shop pro 4, and some program's i wrote
> for myself with vbasic/c++
> but i read about transgaming, with a new Directx api, so i wanted
> to give that a try. that distrobution runs my old programs like
> psp well, but some programs can't run because they seem to miss some
> files.. i had that same problem with the originel wine too.. but i
> thought it had someting to do with the directx api not being complete.
> when i do a --debugmsg +all i get a lot of output, and i can find what's
> wrong:

[...]

> 0806cc20:CALL msvcrt.455: _stat(43ae2ef0 "/hardeschijf/d/Program
> Files/3DMark 99 Max/3dmark.exe\\3dmark.ras",406b2bec) ret=40c38c28

Ouch !
The program thinks that 3dmark.exe is a directory and thus wants to
find 3dmark.ras in this directory.
You need to find out why the program uses 3dmark.exe as a directory name.
Either Wine passes it as a directory result somewhere even though it is
a file and thus should not be returned, or Wine tells the program that
this file is a directory.
Try to find out why.

Assuming that 3dmark.exe really is a file, of course (which it really is,
I guess).

--
Andreas Mohr, Renningen, Germany
In case you need to contact me after expiry of temporary email address: